Exsportise is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff to share this commitment. All staff are subject to a Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check.
Why Work for Exsportise?
- Exsportise has been awarded EL Gazette “Centre of Excellence” status based on British Council Inspectors publishable statements.
- Many of our staff return year after year, last year 61% of all our staff were returners. A high percentage of our new staff members were either Exsportise ex-students or applied after we were recommended to them by a friend or colleague.
- We run residential English Academy Plus Specialist Activities courses for 9 – 17 year old students. Our courses are run at independent boarding schools which are set in beautiful surroundings and all have great facilities.
- Students from 65 different nationalities attended one of our courses last summer.
- Exsportise aims to provide English language confidence and life skills by offering an English Academy Plus programme combined with a choice of Specialist Activities: Tennis, Golf, Arsenal Soccer Schools, Hockey, Rugby, Basketball, Horse Riding, Music (vocal and instrumental) and Dance.
- Outside of teaching and coaching sessions, our dedicated event teams make sure that the evenings are as fun as the days and the weekends are packed with theme park and local city visits.
If you are enthusiastic, dedicated, conscientious, motivated, want a challenge and love working with children and young adults we look forward to hearing from you!
Exsportise is an equal opportunities employer where all job applicants will receive equal treatment regardless of sex, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy or maternity, age, religion or belief, creed, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origins or disability (‘the protected characteristics’). The Company is committed to building an organisation that makes full use of the talents, skills, experience and different cultural perspectives available in a multi-ethnic society, where people feel they are respected and valued, and can achieve their full potential.
|Centre Name||Age Range||Staff Induction Dates||Course Dates||Contract Length|
|Oundle School||11 -17||28 & 29 Jun 2019||30 Jun – 3 Aug 2019||2 – 5 Weeks|
|Clayesmore School||9 – 14||5 & 6 Jul 2019||7 Jul – 27 Jul 2019||2 – 3 Weeks|
|Seaford School||10 – 16||5 & 6 Jul 2019||7 Jul – 17 Aug 2019||2 – 6 Weeks|
|Worth School||10 – 16||5 & 6 Jul 2019||7 Jul – 10 Aug 2019||2 – 5 Weeks|
- Senior staff will be expected to start work at least 1 or 2 days before the staff induction.
- Initial contracts are normally up to 4 weeks. Contract extensions may then be offered and are dependent on performance and student numbers.
General Skills and Requirements
- Exsportise is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff to share this commitment. Staff will be required to assist with pastoral care and looking after the welfare of students at camp.
- All Exsportise staff require native/ near native competence in English and must be eligible to work in the UK which will be checked during the recruitment process.
- Experience of working with children/young adults in a multi-national environment would be an advantage.
- The majority of staff are involved with evening entertainment and weekend trips as well as supervision duties so we are looking for people who are hard-working, reliable, energetic and happy to get stuck into whatever task may come their way!
What we Offer
- The chance to work in a fast paced and energetic multi-national environment
- A 2-3 day induction programme designed to prepare you for camp life
- Full board accommodation – each member of staff is given their own room in one of the camp’s boarding houses
- One full day off per week plus up to a third of each working day off
- Use of the centre’s sports facilities in your free time
How to Apply
- Read the information below and the relevant job description(s) carefully.
- Download and complete an application form here: Exsportise Staff Application Form 2019
- You will be asked to upload your CV as well. Please note that, during an interview, you will be asked to explain any gaps in the timeline in your CV.
- Short, informal telephone conversations may be arranged and carried out by a member of Head Office staff if they are undecided on an applicant’s suitability for an interview just from reading the application form and CV.
- If successful you will be invited for an assessment session lasting up to 3 hours where you will complete group tasks and a short one to one interview. As all roles involve close contact with children, your commitment to safeguarding children will be discussed.
- If you are unable to attend an assessment session we may offer an extended one to one interview (in person or via skype/telephone) depending on the circumstances.
- EFL teacher applicants will undergo a second interview with the Academic Manager
- All applicants will be told the outcome of their application.
If successful you will be given a conditional job offer subject to receipt of:
- References; you will need to provide the names and contact details of 2 suitable referees. These should be current or former employers or college/university tutors. We are unable to accept references from family friends (please note that references will be followed up and referees will be asked specifically if there is any reason why you should not be engaged in situations where you have responsibility for, or substantial access to, persons under 18).
- Proof of identity and (where applicable) your qualifications (we will need to see originals before you start with us)
- Proof of your right to work in the UK (a passport for UK/EU nationals or a work visa; again, we will need to see originals before you start with us).
- A satisfactory Enhanced DBS check (or Police ‘Certificate of good conduct’ if resident outside the UK); we will apply for this on your behalf but will need to see the original of 2 forms of ID (e.g. passport, birth certificate, driving licence etc as well as evidence of proof of address). We can accept existing Enhanced DBS Disclosure Certificates as long as they are dated within the last 3 months od the time of employment.
Once we have all this documentation and your signed contract we will send you our Employee Handbook and some other information/advice on what you need to do before you start work.
If we have not been able to see original documents or certificates, you must present these to us at Induction or on arrival at camp and before taking up appointment.
To read our complete Recruitment Policy please click here: Safer Recruitment Policy
By applying to Exsportise you consent to your information being held and processed by Exsportise in accordance with the Data Protection Act 1998, which was replaced by EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) on 25th May 2018.