Exsportise runs residential English language summer courses combined with specialist activities for 9-17 year olds. Our programmes allow students to improve their practical and spoken English by attending structured English lessons as well as engaging in an activity of their choice. The specialist activities offered are: Tennis, Golf, Arsenal Soccer Schools, Hockey, Rugby, Basketball, Horse Riding, Music and Dance.
Exsportise’s motto is “Tell me and I forget. Teach me and I remember. Involve me and I learn.”
All staff are expected to provide an acceptable high standard of language learning opportunities to all students through EFL lessons, specialist activities, social and cultural exposure.
Exsportise has been awarded EL Gazette “Centre of Excellence” status based on British Council Inspectors publishable statements.
All duties are subject to change at the discretion of the Recruitment Manager.
- To oversee the management of all aspects of the centre.
- To run the staff induction programme prior to the start of camp and complete official school handover including damage check and risk assessments.
- To take responsibility for the overall safety, welfare and behaviour, including discipline, of all staff and students during their time at your centre and ensure that rules are abided by at all times and according to the Exsportise Handbook.
- To ensure the centre operates within the Health & Safety guidelines as set out by both BAPA and the British Council and that all necessary steps are taken to minimise risk, e.g. risk assessments are carried out, acted on and regularly reviewed, Fire drills are carried out in all communal areas and First Aid is available at all times.
- To be the Designated Safeguarding Lead (DSL) for your centre and take lead responsibility to ensure staff are always sensitive to the welfare of students for whom they are responsible (you will be provided with appropriate training for this).
- To ensure all staff and students receive a full induction, including latecomers.
- To be in possession of emergency phone during night times.
- To ensure relevant information for staff and student are displayed on notice boards.
- To ensure that standards, as described in Exsportise marketing materials, are met in all areas of delivery.
- To be responsible for staff rotas and ensure students are adequately supervised 24 hours per day and in line with Exsportise coaching/teaching ratios.
- To ensure that all staff are carrying out their duties to a sufficiently high standard and to manage staff appraisals as outlined in the Centre Manager Handbook.
- To be in daily contact with Head Office and liaise with the host school, parents and agents in an efficient and polite manner.
- To deal with any complaints or grievances from staff, students, parents, host school or agents in a calm and efficient manner.
- To liaise with Head Office regarding all incidents and accidents and make sure they are logged online on the Incident Form as soon as possible and certainly within twelve hours.
- To be responsible for all financial aspects of the centre, which include pocket money, petty cash, tuck shop, excursions and authorising staff expenses.
- To run daily student and staff meetings and ensure minutes are taken and appropriately stored.
- To ensure new arrivals, including accompanying parents, are made to feel welcome and well looked after.
- To ensure Group Leaders are aware of and abide by Exsportise rules according to the Exsportise Handbook.
- To ensure the Office is manned at all times during the day (between 7:45 and 21:30)
- To decide, with Head Office, who will take over job responsibility on your day off and ensure Head Office, staff and host school are informed
- To provide end of summer report for Head Office
- To follow guideline as outlined in the Staff Handbook
- To help set up / pack up camp as required by Head Office
- To carry out any other reasonable duties as requested by Head Office
- Advanced Safeguarding training (formerly Level 2) desirable (Exsportise will pay for training course if necessary)
- Excellent leadership skills, be able to manage, develop, motivate and support all staff and able to set high standards
- Highly organised and responsible character with excellent time management skills
- Excellent communication skills with people of all levels
- Independent thinking and able to problem solve
- Flexibility and ability to deal well with pressure and to multi-task
- Enthusiastic and friendly
- Professionalism: being of smart appearance appropriate to the role and using appropriate language
- Good IT skills and sound knowledge of Google Drive desirable
- Ability to manage course finances proficiently
- Flexible and adaptable approach to working hours
- Experience of working with international students desirable
Days Off/Time Off:
- You are entitled to one 24-hour period off per week although you are encouraged to be in site at night.
- Time off during the day will be at your discretion but you will remain on call 24 hours a day in case of an emergency.
- You will be asked to sign the 48 hour working week opt-out agreement.
Exsportise is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff to share this commitment, whether on or off duty.