Exsportise runs residential English language summer courses combined with specialist activities for 9-17 year olds. Our programmes allow students to improve their practical and spoken English by attending structured English lessons as well as engaging in an activity of their choice. The specialist activities offered are: Tennis, Golf, Arsenal Soccer Schools, Hockey, Rugby, Basketball, Horse Riding, Music and Dance.
Exsportise’s motto is “Tell me and I forget. Teach me and I remember. Involve me and I learn.”
All staff are expected to provide an acceptable high standard of language learning opportunities to all students through EFL lessons, specialist activities, social and cultural exposure.
Exsportise has been awarded EL Gazette “Centre of Excellence” status based on British Council Inspectors publishable statements.
All duties are subject to change at the discretion of the Recruitment Manager.
Main Roles for all Course Assistants:
- To assist a specific department with the day-to-day running of the programme.
- To assist with the evening events programme which is organised and run by the Events Managers
- To supervise students on weekend excursions and assist with student arrivals and departures at airports / Eurostar station
- To assist with pastoral care by taking responsibility for a group of students and looking after their wellbeing and happiness throughout their stay at camp.
- To carry out mealtime supervision, wake-up and bedtime duties on a rota basis, which includes being responsible for the bed and fire registers.
Course Assistants will be allocated to a specific department with additional roles:
Additional Duties for all Course Assistants:
- To be an active presence in the boarding houses outside of timetabled sessions (e.g. coaching sessions/ lessons/ evening entertainment).
- To attend daily staff meetings
- To follow guideline as outlined in the Staff Handbook and as explained by the Centre Manager.
- To help set up / pack up camp as required
- To carry out any other reasonable duties
Personal Specification for all Course Assistants:
- Team working skills
- Responsible nature and able to set high standards
- Good communication skills with people of all levels as well as interpersonal skills
- Approachable nature and trustworthy
- Flexible and adaptable approach to working hours
- Enthusiastic and friendly
- Professionalism: being of smart appearance appropriate to the role and using appropriate language
- Experience in working with children is preferred but not essential
- Sports coaching / music tuition qualifications preferred but not essential
- Sports coaching / music tuition qualifications desirable (for Music and Sports Course Assistant)
- Extensive experience in horse riding and in stables (for Horse Riding Course Assistant)
- Pastoral / Welfare experience and first aid qualification desirable (for Welfare Course Assistant)
- Current UK National Pool Lifeguarding Qualification (NPQL) (for Lifeguard Course Assistant)
Days Off/Time Off for all Course Assistants:
- All rotas and days off are arranged by the Centre Manager. Any issues or changes regarding the rota and/or days off must be approved by the Centre Manager
- You are entitled to one 24-hour period off per week
- You are entitled to the equivalent of one shift off each day from Monday to Friday (shifts are: wake-up – lunch, lunch – dinner, dinner – bedtime)
- You will be asked to sign the 48 hour working week opt-out agreement
- Due to the nature of the weekend activities (transfers and excursions), you are required to work all three shifts on these days
Exsportise is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff to share this commitment, whether on or off duty.