Exsportise runs residential English language summer courses combined with specialist activities for 9-17 year olds. Our programmes allow students to improve their practical and spoken English by attending structured English lessons as well as engaging in an activity of their choice. The specialist activities offered are: Tennis, Golf, Arsenal Soccer Schools, Hockey, Rugby, Basketball, Horse Riding, Music and Dance.
Exsportise’s motto is “Tell me and I forget. Teach me and I remember. Involve me and I learn.”
All staff are expected to provide an acceptable high standard of language learning opportunities to all students through EFL lessons, specialist activities, social and cultural exposure.
Exsportise has been awarded EL Gazette “Centre of Excellence” status based on British Council Inspectors publishable statements.
All duties are subject to change at the discretion of the Recruitment Manager.
- To work closely with the Director of Studies, DoS, assisting them with their administrative duties (ensuring all paperwork is complete and up to date) and ensuring the EFL department is run efficiently.
- To manage all points of contact in the EFL office (phone and email) and to deal with parents and agents in a polite and efficient manner. The EFL Office has to be staffed at all times during lessons. This includes being in daily contact with Head Office.
- To manage student feedback (distribution and analysis of feedback questionnaires) and assist in resolving any issues brought up.
- To ensure end of week EFL reports and certificates are completed for all students and are added to students’ notebooks to take home with them.
- To ensure classrooms are set up each week and have the image of “Exsportise School”, this includes covering up existing work done by the students of the host school, decorating walls and noticeboards, photocopying of student material and ensuring stationary is in stock.
- To set-up the teaching computers by liaising with the venue’s IT department.
- To use information provided by Head Office to create EFL registers, and liaise with DoS / Centre administrators to handle any requests for changes.
- To manage and maintain all EFL equipment, restocking and organising repairs where necessary, and signing Company property in/out to staff (e.g. keys / walkie talkies).
- To work closely with the Centre Manager, Welfare Officer, Medical Staff and House Parents to ensure the welfare of all children and staff. Any concerns should be reported to the Centre Manager immediately.
- To ensure all Company records relating to the EFL department (e.g. incident & accident reports, complaints log, fire drill reports etc) are kept up to date at all times.
- To provide an inventory at the beginning and end of camp for all EFL equipment
- To carry out bedtime duty on a rota basis, which includes being responsible for the bed and fire registers and waking up students on time.
- To attend daily staff meetings and if necessary weekly meetings with the host school and take minutes of such meetings.
- To follow guideline as outlined in the Staff Handbook and as explained by the Centre Manager
- To help set up / pack up camp as required and assist with administrative side of staff induction
- To ensure any visitors / contractors have read the Exsportise Welfare Leaflet and sign in and out of the Office when arriving / leaving site.
- To assist student check-in and check-out, including meeting parents and responsibility for collecting passports, travel documents and pocket money and keeping these safe for the duration of the student’s holiday.
- Highly organised with a good eye for detail and excellent time management skills
- Flexible and adaptable approach to working hours
- Able to deal well with pressure
- Enthusiastic, friendly and to be able to respond sensitively to any pastoral matters
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Good knowledge of MS Office, especially Excel and sound knowledge of Google Drive desirable
- Professionalism: being of smart appearance appropriate to the role and using appropriate language
- TEFL background is preferred but not essential.
Days Off/Time Off:
- All rotas and days off are arranged by the Centre Manager. Any issues or changes regarding the rota and/or days off must be approved by the Centre Manager.
- You are entitled to one 24-hour period off per week.
- You are entitled to the equivalent of one shift off each day from Monday to Friday (shifts are: bedtime bedtime). Due to the nature of your role your time off may not necessarily follow the exact shift times but time off will be the same length as one shift.
- You will be asked to sign the 48 hour working week opt-out agreement.
- Due to the nature of the weekend activities (check-ins/check-outs, transfers and excursions), you are required to work all three shifts on these days.
Exsportise is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff to share this commitment, whether on or off duty.