Exsportise runs residential English language summer courses combined with specialist activities for 9-17 year olds. Our programmes allow students to improve their practical and spoken English by attending structured English lessons as well as engaging in an activity of their choice. The specialist activities offered are: Tennis, Golf, Arsenal Soccer Schools, Hockey, Rugby, Basketball, Horse Riding, Music and Dance.
Exsportise’s motto is “Tell me and I forget. Teach me and I remember. Involve me and I learn.”
All staff are expected to provide an acceptable high standard of language learning opportunities to all students through EFL lessons, specialist activities, social and cultural exposure.
Exsportise has been awarded EL Gazette “Centre of Excellence” status based on British Council Inspectors publishable statements.
All duties are subject to change at the discretion of the Recruitment Manager.
- To plan and run a varied and innovative weekly evening entertainment programme appropriate to all age groups; to provide the Centre Manager with a programme schedule each week.
- To oversee all entertainment, including managing other staff and taking responsibility for student welfare and discipline.
- To liaise with any external suppliers (e.g. disco) and organise transport for any off-site events.
- To organise student groups where relevant and assign staff to each.
- To run evening entertainment meetings for both staff and students.
- To organise separate evening events for students aged 15 and below and 15 and above twice per week, usually Tuesdays and Thursdays.
- To ensure all equipment is kept in good condition and that all relevant health and safety regulations are adhered to. The inventory needs to be kept up-to-date.
- To review and update the current Events Manager Handbook.
- To assist with airport transfers, excursions and/or student check-ins at the centre during weekends.
- To set up on site activities for students arriving on Sundays.
- To assist with pastoral care by taking responsibility for a group of students and looking after their wellbeing and happiness throughout their stay at camp.
- To carry out mealtime supervision, wake-up and bedtime duties on a rota basis, which includes being responsible for the bed and fire registers.
- To attend daily staff meetings.
- To follow guideline as outlined in the Staff Handbook and as explained by the Centre Manager.
- To help set up / pack up camp as required
- To carry out any other reasonable duties
- Events Management degree or similar desirable but not essential
- Highly organised and responsible character with excellent time management skills
- Able to work as part of a team and independently
- Strong leadership skills and be able to manage and motivate staff who are on events duty.
- Excellent communication skills with people of all levels
- Able to deal well with pressure and to multi-task
- Enthusiastic, friendly, pro-active and able to set high standards
- Flexible and adaptable approach to working hours
Days Off/Time Off:
- All rotas and days off are arranged by the Centre Manager. Any issues or changes regarding the rota and/or days off must be approved by the Centre Manager
- You are entitled to one 24-hour period off per week (usually Wednesdays or Saturdays)
- You are entitled to the equivalent of one shift off each day from Monday to Friday (shifts are: wake-up – lunch, lunch – dinner, dinner – bedtime).
- You will be asked to sign the 48 hour working week opt-out agreement
- Due to the nature of the weekend activities (transfers and excursions), you are required to work all three shifts on these days
Exsportise is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff to share this commitment, whether on or off duty.