Exsportise runs residential English language summer courses combined with specialist activities for 9-17 year olds. Our programmes allow students to improve their practical and spoken English by attending structured English lessons as well as engaging in an activity of their choice. The specialist activities offered are: Tennis, Golf, Arsenal Soccer Schools, Hockey, Rugby, Basketball, Horse Riding, Music and Dance.
Exsportise’s motto is “Tell me and I forget. Teach me and I remember. Involve me and I learn.”
All staff are expected to provide an acceptable high standard of language learning opportunities to all students through EFL lessons, specialist activities, social and cultural exposure.
Exsportise has been awarded EL Gazette “Centre of Excellence” status based on British Council Inspectors publishable statements.
All duties are subject to change at the discretion of the Recruitment Manager.
- To implement the coaching plan as agreed with the Head Coach Session content is not pre-set by the Company in order to suit staff experience and knowledge. Sessions should be progressive and tailored to meet the learnings needs and goals of the students
- To prepare for each session and to maintain session plan The Head Coach or Centre Manager may ask for session plans at any time.
- To ensure risk assessments are taking into account and sessions are being delivered safely.
- To complete a written report for each student of your group at the end of each week.
- To help the Head Coach ensure that all activity equipment is kept in good condition and is stored away safely after each session.
- To assist with pastoral care by taking responsibility for a group of students and looking after their wellbeing and happiness throughout their stay at camp.
- To carry out mealtime supervision at least once a week, as directed by the Centre Manager.
- When required to assist with the evening events programme which is organised and run by the Events Managers.
- To carry out mealtime supervision, wake-up and bedtime duties on a rota basis, which includes being responsible for the bed and fire registers.
- To assist with airport transfers, excursions and/or student check-ins at the centre during weekends.
- To attend daily staff meetings
- To follow guideline as outlined in the Staff Handbook and as explained by the Centre Manager.
- To help set up / pack up camp as required
- To carry out any other reasonable duties
- Appropriate coaching qualification in your chosen activity (i.e. minimum Level 1 coaching qualification for sports, PGA diploma or other recognised golf coaching qualification, dance degree/ diploma)
- Responsible and hard working with strong team working skills
- Able to motivate children and young adults of all ability levels
- Strong leadership skills and ability to set high standards
- Enthusiastic and friendly and willingness to get involved in all aspects of camp
- Good communication skills with people at all levels
- Flexible and adaptable approach to working hours
Days Off/Time Off:
- All rotas and days off are arranged by the Centre Manager. Any issues or changes regarding the rota and/or days off must be approved by the Centre Manager.
- You are entitled to one 24-hour period off per week.
- You are entitled to the equivalent of one shift off each day from Monday to Friday (shifts are: wake-up – lunch, lunch – dinner, dinner – bedtime)
- You will be asked to sign the 48 hour working week opt-out agreement
- Due to the nature of the weekend activities (transfers and excursions), you are required to work all three shifts on these days
Exsportise is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff to share this commitment, whether on or off duty.