Exsportise runs residential English language summer courses combined with specialist activities for 9-17 year olds. Our programmes allow students to improve their practical and spoken English by attending structured English lessons as well as engaging in an activity of their choice. The specialist activities offered are: Tennis, Golf, Arsenal Soccer Schools, Hockey, Rugby, Basketball, Horse Riding, Music and Dance.
Exsportise’s motto is “Tell me and I forget. Teach me and I remember. Involve me and I learn.”
All staff are expected to provide an acceptable high standard of language learning opportunities to all students through EFL lessons, specialist activities, social and cultural exposure.
Exsportise has been awarded EL Gazette “Centre of Excellence” status based on British Council Inspectors publishable statements.
All duties are subject to change at the discretion of the Recruitment Manager.
- To be responsible, together with the Centre Manager, for the welfare of all students, group leaders and staff, at your centre. This includes overseeing and keeping records of any disciplinary issues.
- To ensure the House Parents run regular welfare check-ups with all the students in their boarding house and that any actions are taken and followed up.
- Give guidance to House Parents and any staff on general welfare and provide support when issues arise
- To help oversee student arrivals (and departures) from the centre to make sure students settle in and are reminded to contact home
- To lead the welcome meeting with the Centre Manager in order to make sure students and staff get to know you, understand and follow Exsportise rules and procedures.
- To assist Events Managers with the coordination of evening events staff
- To co-ordinate any necessary communication between parents, agents, Head Office and students and make sure Head Office is kept up to date with any issues.
- To be in charge of all House Parents and make sure that staff are present in houses at given times and carry out their duties as required.
- Be a visible presence during your working hours, especially meal and break times.
- Monitor meal times to ensure students are in attendance, are eating well and are integrating well with other students (together with House Parents and Medical Staff).
- To ensure that all risk assessments and fire drills are carried out as necessary and that any Health & Safety issues are dealt with and recorded.
- Together with Centre Manager, Administrators and House Parents to liaise with school domestic and maintenance staff about any issues
- To co-ordinate student and staff laundry
- You form the office team together with the Centre Manager, Administrators and Medical Officers and will share office duties such as answering the phone to Head Office, Parents and Agents.
- To liaise with Administrators and House Parents about setting up houses before students arrive
- To be available to students as a first point of contact on days when House Parents are unavailable (i.e. on days off)
- To oversee and set up lost property procedure and ensure items are returned to students while still on site.
- Together with Medical Officer to ensure that staff coaching clothing is washed on a regular basis.
- To assist with weekend transfers and/or student excursions when required.
- To attend daily staff meetings
- To follow guideline as outlined in the Staff Handbook and as explained by the Centre Manager.
- To help set up / pack up camp as required
- To carry out any other reasonable duties
- Pastoral/Welfare experience desirable
- Responsible nature and able to set high standards
- Excellent communication skills with people of all levels as well as interpersonal skills
- Approachable nature and trustworthy
- Independent thinking and able to problem solve
- Flexible and adaptable approach to working hours
- Professionalism: being of smart appearance appropriate to the role and using appropriate language
- Experience in working with children is preferred but not essential
- First aid qualification is preferred but not essential (Basic training will be provided at Induction)
Days Off/Time Off:
- All rotas and days off are arranged by the Centre Manager. Any issues or changes regarding the rota and/or days off must be approved by the Centre Manager
- You are entitled to one 24-hour period off per week
- You are entitled to the equivalent of one shift off each day from Monday to Friday (shifts are: wake-up – lunch, lunch – dinner, dinner – bedtime)
- You will be asked to sign the 48 hour working week opt-out agreement
- Due to the nature of the weekend activities you are required to work all three shifts on these days.
Exsportise is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff to share this commitment, whether on or off duty.